We receive inquiries almost daily from folks with old wood they would like to sell us. We regularly buy a wide variety of reclaimed wood – hand hewn or sawn beams, barn wood of all types, cabin logs, heart pine decking/joists/beams, and any thing else that is interesting.
Our purchasing decisions are based on our current needs and the quality and type of material you are offering. Pricing is based on trucking costs (if any), quality, quantity, and condition (sorted properly, neatly stacked, end trimmed, surface denailed, etc).
We buy from wood brokers by the truckload and from owners and smaller wood pickers who have one or two buildings worth of wood. Bear in mind that we don’t dismantle any buildings, so if the building is still standing, you’ll have to take it down yourself or hire someone to.
If you have wood you think we may be interested in, please submit this form with as much information as possible. We will let you know if we are interested in purchasing your wood.
To get top dollar for your wood, follow these guidelines:
- We don’t buy wood that shows signs of termite infestation or lead paint. We assume all paint is lead-based until tested.
- The wood should be defect cut (ragged ends trimmed).
- The wood should be surface denailed to the point that it stacks neatly. Don’t break off or bend the nails or we will either reject the material or adjust the price!
- The wood should be sorted by size and species/type and stacked in neat bundles with one end flush. The bundles should be 42-48” wide and 12”-36” tall with 4” bearers under each bundle.
- If we have to unload by hand, we will deduct an unloading fee from our payment.
- We don’t pick up small batches (under 6,000 board feet) – you’ll need to bring it to us. For larger quantities (over 6,000 board feet) we can arrange the trucking.
Thanks for your interest in saving America’s historic wood – we look forward to hearing from you!